Sunnyvale, CA (PRWEB) February 27, 2012. Senova Systems today announced the formation of a Scientific Advisory Board (SAB). The SAB supports and advises the company on scientific and technology matters and helps Senova Systems develop its platform, intellectual property and future capabilities. The SAB is chaired by Egisto Boschetti, Ph.D., M.B.A., Chief Scientific Officer of Senova Systems. He is joined by the following distinguished scientists and industry veterans.
- Professor Richard G. Compton, Professor of Chemistry at Oxford University and Tutor in Chemistry at St John’s College.
- Dr. Gregory G. Wildgoose, co-inventor of Senova Systems’ licensed IP. Dr. Wildgoose is a Royal Society University Research Fellow at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, UK.
- Professor Joseph Wang, Head of NanoEngineering Department at the University of California San Diego.
- Professor Attilio Citterio, Professor of Chemistry at Politecnico di Milano.
- Herbert Heyneker, Ph.D., Genentech’s first scientist; subsequently founder or co-founder of Genencor, Eos, Guava Technologies, IntroGene (now Crucell), Pharming, Pepscan and Prosensa.
- Andreas Kyriacou, Ph.D., former head of Corporate Quality Control at Amgen, Inc.
- William Wynn, Founder of Wedgewood Technologies (acquired by Endress + Hauser).
“The fact that we have assembled a team of renowned scientists and industry veterans to assist the company speaks volumes about the importance of our technology. Our SAB actively participates in inspiring the company on emerging trends and application opportunities,” commented Eric Lee, Chief Technology Officer of Senova Systems.
“Senova Systems’ platform will have a major impact on many chemistry, biological and medical processes and products. We look forward to supporting the company to develop its scientific strategy and future evolutions of the company’s platform.” said Egisto Boschetti, Chairman of the SAB.
About Senova Systems, Inc.
Senova Systems develops, manufactures and sells next-generation sensor systems based on coupling its patented advanced materials and proprietary microelectronics. Senova Systems’ first focus is a revolutionary new pH sensor platform, which replaces current glass electrodes with solid-state, smart sensors that contain no glass and require no user calibration. This breakthrough offers significant operational and economic benefits in the life science, food and beverage, dairy, petrochemical, water and environmental sectors, and will ultimately enable novel advances in healthcare and other specialized applications unachievable with conventional pH electrodes.